How to merge pdf files on a mac
A few days ago I was in the need to merge different pdf files into one, but unfortunately there was no easy option to do this, but after a while, it appears that you don't need a special license of any kind or the adobe acrobat professional or anything like that you need your Apple Preview. video: merging pdf files <!--more-->
I will list the steps here and also will put a jing video below.
- Create a copy of the original file (just a backup), its always a good idea.
- Open the first pdf (the one that you want everything together in)
- Now open the sidebar if it isn't open yet
- Top Menu - Click View
- Show Sidebar
- If you don't want to do that, you can do ( (Command key) + (Shift key) + D) - hot key
- Now drag the second pdf file into the first one - in the sidebar
- Don't drag it anywhere, this is the important part, you need to place it on top of the first file
- This will automatically create the second file
- Now save this file
- The file will be the same as the first one that you opened
If you want or need to watch the video, click the following link: merging pdf files
More information and tutorial you can find it here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4075